I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Berries and Bacon Breakfast Casserole w/ Rasberry Sauce

Berry Yummy!


Ingredients
10 slices of blueberry bread
6 eggs
1 1/2c of milk or 1c of milk and 1/2 cp of heavy cream
1 1/3 c shredded Gruyere cheese
2 tsp of flour
1/4 c of diced onions
2 c of a variety of berries chopped
3/4c of ham or
2 c of diced spicy sausage
1tsp of onion powder
4 slices of bacon cooked
salt and pepper to taste
rasberry sauce (recipe below)


1. In a bowl mix milk, eggs, cheese, flour, onion salt, salt and pepper

2. Cook ham & onions

3. Add ham & onions to milk mix and stir

4. Spray a pie pan or round cake pan and place cut up bread slices in pan- once it is even full add to milk and ham mix

5. This mix makes 2 casseroles if you use a pie pan

6. Place in oven at 325 for 35-40 min or until lightly brown on top and cooked through the middle

7. Place berries and bacon on top and drizzle with rasberry sauce (see below for recipe) over the top.

If it still needs more baking put foil over it to keep it from drying up and burning.

I adapted this recipe from BH&G Bread Pudding Quiche.  I left out the crust.



Rasberry Sauce
1/2 c of Rasberry jelley
2tbl water

Put in a bowl and microwave. If you want it more runny add more water.

4 comments:

  1. OMGosh, this sounds incredible! I just pinned it so I can get the ingredients & make it soon!
    :) CAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to make this for the Saturday breakfast I am hosting. Blueberry bread is a bit difficult to find. Do you think raisin bread would work just as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I have made it lots of times with just plain bread and it taste just as good. Esp. since their are already berries incorporated in the recipe. Let me know how the raisin bread works out for you.

    ReplyDelete