I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (MOIST)

I live in a country where there are bakeries around every corner!  Very tempting when I jog around the neighborhood and I see HOT signs all over their windows.  They have bread down to a T but cakes, breads, muffins.... not so much.  No matter how fancy the bakery looks and how amazing the cake has been decorated each time I am fooled into thinking that maybe this time I will bite into something that is not DRY.  Alas, my last resort bake my own cakes, sweet breads, muffins etc....

This Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread will not disappoint in flavor or texture, its SUPER MOIST!


bananabreadbaked
Ingredients:
1 stick of salted butter, softened to room temp.
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 large ripened bananas mashed ( or 2.5 small bananas)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 Tbl. cocoa powder
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 cup of mini chocolate chips (regular chocolate chips work too)
*optional 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat over to 350 degrees.
Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan, or 2 mini pans with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
Stir in egg, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla until well blended.
Add baking soda, cocoa, and flour. Mix everything until well incorporated (about 3 minutes in a Kitchenaid mixer).
Add chocolate chips and nuts (if applicable).
Pour batter into loaf pan(s) and bake for 50 minutes – 1 hr. Insert a tooth pick into the center of the loaf and check to see if it comes out clean when you pull it out.


Picture and recipe from Savory Sweet Life




9 comments:

  1. Wow! Never heard of CC Banana Bread...gonna have to try it...looks yummy. And with the weather being a little cooler in the mornings, this would be good warm with a tall glass of milk....mmmm

    Also, I would like to personally invite you to our new Rockin’ link party every Friday at RoCa and Company. Come and show off what you got this coming Friday. Hope to see you there...

    Remember...YOU ROCK!!

    Carmen @
    RoCa and Company
    www.rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this in the oven right now, and it smells amazing! I found you through Hope Studios, so thanks for linking your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good. I can almost taste it just looking at your pictures. I am pinning this and I plan on making it as soon as I get some ripe bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, looks delicious. I can practically smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, so yummy! Glad you tried it Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the oven now, I found you on Pinterest. This may be a new regular in our house. My hubs loves banana bread and I love chocolate so it is a marriage made in heaven :)

    ReplyDelete