I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Chicken Florentine Artichoke Bake

SO GOOD! One of my favorite recipes.

ingredients

8 oz. dried bow tie pasta
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1 Tbsp. butter
2 eggs
1 c of heavy cream
3/4c of milk
1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
2cups chopped cooked chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz.)
1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1/2 cup oil-packed dried tomatoes, chop
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup whole wheat crackers crushed
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. butter, melted

directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In medium skillet cook onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. In bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cream, seasoning, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Stir in chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, artichokes, spinach, tomatoes, half of the Parmesan, cooked pasta, and onion/garlic. Transfer to a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole.
3. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. In small bowl combine remaining Parmesan, crushed crackers, paprika, and melted butter. Sprinkle mixture over pasta. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more or until golden. Makes 6 to 8 servings.


I adapted this recipe from BHG and picture is from also from there.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks amazing!!! That cup of heavy cream scares me a bit (LOL) but I am definitely putting this on my "new recipes to try" list! Thanks for sharing Mari!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delish. I love artichokes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. found your site through your jane deere link up. thanks for sharing! recipe looks great and i'm also enjoying your craft projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! So glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband saw this recipe on one of my pinterest boards and got so excited! He requested it for our November menu and I'm excited to make it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for hs great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And Was Looking For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have There Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you

    ReplyDelete