I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Grilled Cheese & Apple Kabobs

It's hard to get creative with lunches that you have to pretty much prepare 365 days out of the year.   Here I am taking a simple lunch meal and dressing it up a little different. 

Ingredients:
4 slices of bread
cheddar slices or your cheese preference
apples
butter


1. Butter bread and grill in a pan layering it with cheddar cheese and thin apple slices. 
2. Cut Apples up in cubes and push through a wooden skewer alternating apple cubes and grilled cheese.

You can also do normal grilled cheese and put tomatoes and grilled cheese cubes on skewers.

I found this picture on Pinterest   for my inspiration.  I think this small sticks idea would be great to have on the table when your serving Tomato Soup.

7 comments:

  1. This looks soo yummy.. Love it.. I'm Marilyn and i'm officially following ya with smiles via http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com - great creativity here, I love your space.. Hope you can stop in and say hello sometime. TY : ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I can't wait to make this for my kiddos. I'm thinking this will make a great lunch for a picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for the kind words. Michelle, I make it for their school lunch. They love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness this looks SO good! Cheese and apples yummy! Want to try this for a game day Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! Thanks so much for sharing. This looks great.

    Jaymie @ http:dancesdishesanddreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I bet my kids would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by ladies hope you enjoyed the grilled chz goodness!

    ReplyDelete