I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Friday, October 7, 2011

EASY Mexican Tortilla Frittata

I had some tortillas I wanted to use up so I came up with this recipe, YUMMY!

ingredients:
3 large eggs
3 corn tortillas
2 tbl diced onions
2tbl Half & half or milk
refried beans
cream cheese
shredded cheese
Goya Adobo All purpose seasonsing (optional)
salt and pepper
cilantro
oil

1. Mix eggs, milk, salt, onions Goya seasoning in a bowl
2. Use a large pan and drop some oil in it over medium heat. I like to use minimal oil so I just put a thin, thin layer enough to cover the pan.
3. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese and refried beans over each tortilla and set aside.
4. Cook for about 8 minutes lifting the edges with a spatula to allow any uncooked egg to flow to the bottom.
5. Place tortillas over eggs and then flip them over so tortillas are at the bottom of pan leave for 2min.
6. Serve with tortilla side up and sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.

If you have salsa top it with some salsa

2 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! I will definitely be making them from my family.

    I wanted to let you know that you have been award The Versatile Blogger award. Stop by my blog to see what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica thanks for the award! I have been so busy and I am crazy behind on my comments and all things blogging.

    ReplyDelete