I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Things that make you go hmmmmmm

I decided to try this Chocolate Sourcream Cupcake recipe to make these Hi-Hat Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes.  The ingredients it called for were as followed and maybe there wasn't enough flour in the recipe or maybe I just suck at following recipes and I missed something, something very IMPORTANT for them to turn out like this. It was an awful mess to clean off and clean up in the oven, good times. 

3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 c. sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. milk

What they were supposed to look like at the end is this see picture below from A Cup Full of Cake. Not to mention I had the pressure of little brown eyes patiently waiting in anticipation for their very cool Hi-Hat cupcakes and for their mom to figure out how to bake. I did end up adding flour to the second batch and they did rise a little but still didn't look normal. Either way I frosted them and dipped them.  Bottom line is they could care less wha they looked like.
Doesn't this want to make you want to click on the tab over on the side panel that says Vote for me for Best Food Blogger award?

No comments:

Post a Comment