I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mango Chicken Salad in Tortilla Bowls

I love these tortilla bowls. They are so easy to make and they look like you spent a lot of time in the kitchen on dinner, when in actuality you didn't.
 Bowls
4 flour tortillas
1/2teaspoon ground cumin
1/2teaspoon salt
Salad
4 cps cubed or shredded chicken
1.5 cps diced and peeled mango
1tbl fresh lime juice
1.5 cps diced peeled avocado
1/2 cp chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cp chopped red onion
1/4cp of chopped fresh cilantro
1 cp shredded  lettuce
1/2tsp salt
Vinaigrette
2 tbl mango nectar
1tbl white wine vinegar
1 tbl fresh lime juice
1 tbl fresh orange juice
1 tbl honey
1/3 cp Canola Oil
Directions:
1 Heat oven to 400°F. Use cooking spray and put on tortillas.  Sprinkle cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt evenly over sprayed sides of tortillas. Press tortillas, seasoned sides up, in bowls and place in oven 5 to 7 min or until semi crispy. Mine above were just folded into a cone and put into ramekins.
2 In food processor bowl with metal blade or blender, place all vinaigrette ingredients except oil. Cover; process until smooth. With food processor running, slowly pour oil through feed tube until mixture is thickened. Set aside.
3 In large bowl, mix chicken, mango, lime juice, avocado and remaining ingredients. 
4. To serve, spoon chicken salad into tortilla bowls. (Bowls will be full.) Serve immediately.
This recipe was adapted from the Pilsbury Bake Off submission by Frances Pietsch.

5 comments:

  1. OOooh this looks delicious and pretty simple, definitely putting this on my to try list. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo this looks so good!!!
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so yummy dishes you shared with us. I cook same dishes before two days and got lots of good views from my new guests. I was decorated it with pumpkin an glitters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, it's really easy and yummy! I just made this for a picnic and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday! Hope to see you again this week!
    -Trish @ Mom On Timeout
    http://www.MomOnTimeout.com

    ReplyDelete