I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Shrimp in Coconut Sauce (Encocado de Camaron)

I was first introduced to this dish at the home of an Ecuadorian family.  It's a typical coastal meal.  I asked the host for the ingredients and then figured out how to make it myself for an Ecua-Mexican taste!
1 1/2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
2 cups finely chopped onion
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced 
1 can Coconut Milk
1 can of diced tomatoes
1tsp of cumin
salt to taste
4 cups hot cooked white rice
1tbl butter
Cilantro to garnish

1. In a large skillet melt butter and olive oil. Once hot add garlic and onion until translucent.
2. Add shrimp and cook for about 5min.
3. Add cumin, salt and then add coconut milk and tomatoes.
4. Simmer over low heat for about 15min.

Serve over Mexican White Rice.




1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete