I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Girls Craft: Flavored Lip Gloss

One of the things I enjoyed doing as a counselor was my 6th grade Chica Chats.  We got all the girls together and discussed a "girl" topic and made a craft.

They loved this easy craft. It really is yummy, makes you want to lick it right off!

Ingredients:
petroleum jelley
Kool-Aid mix any flavor
container

1. Depending on the size of your container fill with petroleum jelley.
2. Mix in a couple of teaspoons (depending on the size of your container) of Kool aid.  The more you mix in the more likely you will have that color on your lips.  I used a wild berry Kool-aid mix but since I only put 1 tspn in for the size of my container it only turned rose and it didn't color my lips.
3. Add 1 small drop of water. Water doesn't mix well with petroleum jelley so don't put a lot of water in otherwise it will just float in your container.
4. Mix, apply on lips and lick it off (it's hard not too).

6 comments:

  1. Mmm! Kool-aid...I bet that IS yummy! Would you pretty please share this great idea at my pink party?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/welcome-to-week-6-of-falling-for-crafts.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, sorry I just saw this. Thanks for the invite though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it so great !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing this at my b day party except we melt the petroleum jelly.

    ReplyDelete