I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Painting on Pillow cases

I found a picture of what I wanted and freehanded the sword on white paper or you can enlarge the image and print it out, then I cut it out and use a Sharpie to trace it on to my pillow case, then I painted it with black fabric paint. Make sure to put a piece of cardboard in between the pillowcases otherwise the paint will go through.
You need:
pillow case
sharpie
fabric paint
image on white paper

Swords and ships!


6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I bet they were a hit with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the boys picked what the design so that made them even more excited to see the finish product

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea!!!!!

    If you have a sec, come by and see the fun giveaway of some beautiful children's room artwork going on at my blog. I think you might like it :)

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!
    Jenny thanks I did. Here's hoping to win. I rarely do these giveways mostly b/c I am always short on time but I tried it today.

    ReplyDelete